IGNORED

* Looking To Buy T/C White Mountain Carbine Barrel 50 Caliber *

Russ 11

In search of a barrel for a t/c white mountain carbine in 50 cal percussion .  I have one but let the barrel go many years ago when using black powder . After seeing posts of old school muzzy’s on here lately it got me excited to hunt with it this year . Be great if I could find one and get back out there again with it .  Located in north Jersey but would pay for shipping .  TIA  

Edited by Russ 11

4 minutes ago, Recurve hntr said:

I just checked on line for one. The prices for a used one is ridiculous. I saw them for 250 to over 300 . You probably can buy the whole gun for that.

IMG_9104.png

Yeah I saw that one and yes the whole Muzzy was cheaper than that . That’s why I was hoping someone has one that they don’t use anymore . 

17 minutes ago, fab said:

Strip it down and parkerize.   I redid a renegade and saw 2 redone on YouTube  

If you read his post I believe being he used real black powder I don't think he did the rotten smell eggs once and the inside of the barrel went a foul

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Mine was fired a few times using black powder and then not cleaned for a few years.

the hawke I saw redone must have sat In a barn 15 plus years.    all hope isn’t lost but I agree used in good condition is better.    I saw a t/c barrel ( full length) on eBay recently.   Think it was 200.