IGNORED

Mistaken cull buck costs big $$$

gnttn

From another forum from wayyyyyyyy back in 2009:

Here is the real story on the video that is currently circulating the internet. The video was completely staged. I'm the webmaster for The Perlitz Ranch and the videographer for the video on that evening. My buddy Jeff shot the deer just before sundown. After the kill we all thought it would be funny if we made a "Fake Recovery" video to send to our friends that couldn't make it on this hunt. We went a step further and decided to make the goof even sweeter by making it look like someone shot a trophy deer by mistake instead of a cull. "Sweiny" was the perfect candidate for the job.

Everything was made up on the fly. Even the price of the deer was made up by me when I sent it out in the first place. In the initial email that was sent out, I made up the price of $14,570.00. By the time the email came back to me it had lowered to $12,000.00. "Sweiny" who made the "mistake" has never had an acting lesson in his life and everyone in the truck was in on the spoof.

The video was never meant to be circulated like it was. It was made just as a goof to send to all of our friends. One thing led to another, and the next thing you know, the video circulated back to me within one week. That just goes to show the power of the internet.

The deer scored 183 B&C and was killed by Jeff Davis.