IGNORED

Another Restraining Order against NYS

Another federal judge has issued a restraining order against NYS CCIA. This one is for the part that makes carrying a firearm in places of worship a felony.

https://www.wivb.com/news/new-york/temporary-restraining-order-placed-on-nys-ruling-preventing-concealed-carry-in-places-of-worship/amp/

What's interesting here is that I didn't see anything about NYS appealing and the DA for Erie county  issued this statement: 

“I have instructed all police agencies not to charge it until further notice and my prosecutors to dismiss it if one gets charged by accident.”

Couple this with all those NY sheriff's that said enforcing CCIA will be at the bottom of their priority list, and it just makes a stronger case that most of CCIA is unconstitutional. 

I know it's NY, but it strongly indicates federal judges are applying the standards set in Bruen when hearing firearms cases. 

Hoping these rulings from federal judges will give NJ legislators pause before enacting similar laws that will get struck down, but I realize it's NJ and a number of our legislators aren't known for using common sense.

I saw this the other day and thought it was strange to prevent carrying in Church. I am a member of the Security committee at my Church and was asked to start carrying concealed on Sunday morning. We live in a small rural area, but we have criminals coming from KC, and it seems to be getting worse. The farmers are in the fields for harvest and they are having their trucks broken into when they are in the field. We never had that around here...Sorry I'm ranting

It should be up to the Church board and the congregation to decide.

4 hours ago, DonW said:

I saw this the other day and thought it was strange to prevent carrying in Church. I am a member of the Security committee at my Church and was asked to start carrying concealed on Sunday morning. We live in a small rural area, but we have criminals coming from KC, and it seems to be getting worse. The farmers are in the fields for harvest and they are having their trucks broken into when they are in the field. We never had that around here...Sorry I'm ranting

It should be up to the Church board and the congregation to decide.

Need big free-roaming dogs!😁