IGNORED

McGreevey and Corzine Could Have ..............

LittleM

I always get a kick out of heariing  a fireman or policeman say that when he retires he has to move out of state becase its tooo expensive to live in NJ......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

I always get a kick out of heariing  a fireman or policeman say that when he retires he has to move out of state becase its tooo expensive to live in NJ......

Yes it is for everyone, people think public workers either get a tax break of some sort or we don't pay taxes.

I would love to move into PA, but the State Of NJ doesn't allow any public worker to move out of state as long as they are working a public job, unless you already lived out of state before the law was written. Now does that sound like a democracy or a dictatorship ?

Yes the court screwed us, and they screwed themselves as well as they are subjected to Chapter 78......Krispy and all in Trenton are a**wipes, not one can be trusted. It clearly states in Chapter 78 the state is obligated to pay, but the courts see it a different way, they also said Chapter 78 should of never been put into law, let them fight out in Federal Courts if it goes that far. I don't like nor do I trust my union.  

NJ courts consistently rule that the government does not have to follow the rules it passes.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/nj-superior-court-appellate-division/1456634.html

NJ Supreme Court says that NJ does not have to follow 30-day timeframe to issue FIDs and other firearms permits because "...whatever one's views on the worth of firearms, their capacity to wreak havoc when in the hands of the unfit is a matter of public record.   The Legislature has wisely provided for suitable inquiry into qualifications and fitness.   We do no more than carry out that legislative mandate."

Basically, the court says that your Constitutional rights and laws created by the government can be usurped by the government because something that statistically insignificant is "scary".

Didn't mean to hijack the thread but instead add to the fact that this state's legislators and judiciary need to be replaced with prejudice.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Yes it is for everyone, people think public workers either get a tax break of some sort or we don't pay taxes.

I would love to move into PA, but the State Of NJ doesn't allow any public worker to move out of state as long as they are working a public job, unless you already lived out of state before the law was written. Now does that sound like a democracy or a dictatorship ?

Yes the court screwed us, and they screwed themselves as well as they are subjected to Chapter 78......Krispy and all in Trenton are a**wipes, not one can be trusted. It clearly states in Chapter 78 the state is obligated to pay, but the courts see it a different way, they also said Chapter 78 should of never been put into law, let them fight out in Federal Courts if it goes that far. I don't like nor do I trust my union.  

I think you missed my point....they cant afford to live here because taxes are so high, because we have to pay for their pensions......and Ive never heard anyone say or think public workers get a tax break or dont pay taxes....

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

who's fault is it for the pension problems? It sure isn't the workers past and present.....they never once missed a payment, NOT A ONE!!!!  It was the brains in Trenton who stopped making their side of the payments then allowing the towns to do the same, now BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN THE HOLE those in Trenton want to blame the workers. The courts allowed the state and local governments once more to stop payments but not the workers, if chapter 78 should of never been turned into the law per the courts then do away with it, and start fresh

• 4 weeks later...

Just to dig up an old thread and throw some salt in the wound....

http://mercatus.org/statefiscalrankings

That is a financial ranking of US states based on a whole bunch of stuff including the state's ability to pay its long-term debt and retirement/healthcare obligations.  As we all know, NJ is in the shitter.  This is just more evidence of how bad it is.  We rank almost dead last in all categories.

If you are banking on your state retirement plan, I strongly advocate that you start building plan B.  IMHO there's an excellent chance the state will default within our lifetime.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Many of the policemen and firemen that I know complain that when they retire they cant afford to live here.....gee I wonder why ..duh ......anyway a deal is a deal...pension promises should be honored but going forth new deals must be struck......

Many of the policemen and firemen that I know complain that when they retire they cant afford to live here.....gee I wonder why ..duh ......anyway a deal is a deal...pension promises should be honored but going forth new deals must be struck......

I agree with this 100%........when Krispy came after us, of course we tried to stop him, then we went to the state and wanted to meet them in the middle, where both parties would win, we wanted at the time all current members to be grandfathered in with zero changes, but the changes would start with new hires just like what NY did, we would get what we earned the state would get what they wanted fully within a few years, they refused. 

My dept. is working without a contract, the rules are for both parties to honor the expired contract until a new contract is agreed on, the state of NJ refuses to do so, stopping all step raises, but they expect us to obey the old contract .

http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-gave-millions-more-pension-dollars-donors-firm-disclosed-documents-1892540