IGNORED

Ordered my Food Plot Seed Today

Ordered food plot seed today from Merit Seed in Ohio. I've had really good luck with their Appin Turnips, Chicory, and Aberlasting Clover. I will be trying some Hunter Rape Brassica, Soybeans, and their 12 Point Buck Blend this season on some new plots. Next weekend I will mow the fields low and wait for new growth before hitting them with 41% glyphosate. I'll add lime two weeks after than get ready for a late April, early May planting.

1 hour ago, electric10162 said:

Ordered food plot seed today from Merit Seed in Ohio. I've had really good luck with their Appin Turnips, Chicory, and Aberlasting Clover. I will be trying some Hunter Rape Brassica, Soybeans, and their 12 Point Buck Blend this season on some new plots. Next weekend I will mow the fields low and wait for new growth before hitting them with 41% glyphosate. I'll add lime two weeks after than get ready for a late April, early May planting.

So do you reap the harvest of $2,500  as a farmer for lower taxes.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Nice, I’m headed up to Otsego County in upstate the weekend of 4/1 to start some foodplot prep work. The last landowner had several foodplots, but they have all gone fallow as he died many years ago. I will do at least 1 acre of clover and at least 1 acre of brassicas. We also have various fruit trees from persimmons to apples to pears that will also get planted along with Dunstan chestnut.  The local farmer will plant 45-75 acres in corn each year. 

3 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Nice, I’m headed up to Otsego County in upstate the weekend of 4/1 to start some foodplot prep work. The last landowner had several foodplots, but they have all gone fallow as he died many years ago. I will do at least 1 acre of clover and at least 1 acre of brassicas. We also have various fruit trees from persimmons to apples to pears that will also get planted along with Dunstan chestnut.  The local farmer will plant 45-75 acres in corn each year. 

I'll be ordering Hybrid chestnuts(Dunstan) from Whitetail Hill Chestnuts this season. They will be delivered in September.

8 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

I'll be ordering Hybrid chestnuts(Dunstan) from Whitetail Hill Chestnuts this season. They will be delivered in September.

How long will it take for nut roasting and Jack Frost nipping at your nose:nerd:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt