IGNORED

stocking trout

10deer

48 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

TCAs and No-kills are shoulder to shoulder right now. This is the reason we successfully pushed to allow private clubs to stay open on a catch and release basis during this closed season which spreads out anglers at least a little bit more.  Our spring hatches are starting and trout are actively feeding. 

The one I fish never has that many oeople

25 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

The one I fish never has that many oeople

Ah yes, the Toms River TCA.  Know it well and you are correct.  But all the others get pounded like you cannot imagine right now and right up until the Opening Day.  Then they get quiet for the most part after the opener.  I get maybe 20 texts per day right now from anglers I taught to fly fish asking me which TCA they should hit to avoid the crowds.  I always tell them Toms River :rofl: 

13 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Ah yes, the Toms River TCA.  Know it well and you are correct.  But all the others get pounded like you cannot imagine right now and right up until the Opening Day.  Then they get quiet for the most part after the opener.  I get maybe 20 texts per day right now from anglers I taught to fly fish asking me which TCA they should hit to avoid the crowds.  I always tell them Toms River :rofl: 

Even on a crowded day most I've seen is 7 or8 others.  Than again because the water can be dark many people don't wade the whole stretch they just fish the access points from the trail

41 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Even on a crowded day most I've seen is 7 or8 others.  Than again because the water can be dark many people don't wade the whole stretch they just fish the access points from the trail

I've fished that TCA twice, and I must say that it's not for me.  It is difficult to even do a roll cast under that canopy.  I had my best luck hand stripping line off my fly rod with streamers and working streamers around log jams.  But I like to cast when I trout fish, even if a simple roll cast.  That TCA would benefit greatly from some new woody additions to better hold fish.  The old and long since defunct Toms River TU chapter did some of that work decades ago that still is in place in a few areas.