IGNORED

Anyone Out Training Their Dog on Chukar's on WMA ?

15 hours ago, Bones said:

It’s not worth going if your actually trying to train your dog. Your much better off buying 10 quail and doing your own thing.

save the money and add a day or two to the stocking schedule during shooting season 

For strict training I would agree. But for those like myself with a seasoned dog, that I run at Colliers year round, weather permitting, especially during the hot humid summer months, its a refreshing start to new season, and finding a bird or two is much better than just an exercise run.

After finding her first live bird on Saturday morning my GSP went into full blown "hunt" mode much different than our regular outings.  I think it translates to a better start come November.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, rcolman018 said:

Is anyone planning to go out to assunpink or Colliers this weekend?   I have an 8 month old GSP.  Would love to find another pup for her to tag along with and show her the ropes. 

5A0265C0-C410-412D-8324-76A9CDA8F8CF.jpeg

I have a 7 year old female GSP that could be a twin to your GSP.  I plan to be there Saturday morning back in the dog training area by about 7:15 / 7:30 am.  My GSP does not hunt close, she hunts hard and covers a lot of ground if that's to your liking. You are welcome to join us if you'd like.

I'll  pm you my number send me a text or give me a call.

Bob

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.