IGNORED

Took new lone wolf assault for a walk

Greg

20 hours ago, Greg said:

Lone wolf does have the easy hang strap to hang the stand on a hook, then strap it in. 

Went out again today for another round of practice or two.. Don't really care for the rope mod one way or the other, I'll stick to my buckles. I got yakgrips to cover them with to make'em quiet. 

Set up in a pine and a pretty decent sized oak. Set up in the oak had my platform at 17'5" with no aiders, good enough I think.

Wife forgot to time me till I was already two sticks up,,, So to set up two sticks, set the stand, sit for a couple minutes and then undo set up with my feet back on the ground was 15 minutes.

How do you like the yak grips?

4 hours ago, VFL said:

How do you like the yak grips?

Put them on last night. Seem like they will be best thing available. You can still make noise with them if you try. Still have to wrap the sticks with something.

i seem to make the most noise hitting my linemans carabiner with a stick more than anything.

I decided against the rope mod. For the 1lb savings i’ll stick with the buckles. Reward just not enough to worry about it to me.  Being around the corner from 48 I’m starting to try and think things through. Stock straps are fool proof.

Figured out a gear strap if it works out. Seen this on the line as I was looking for ideas. 

Had a lashing strap and a few grimlocs laying  around. Should work out nice in theory.

IMG_6375.jpeg

Edited by Greg

8 hours ago, Greg said:

Put them on last night. Seem like they will be best thing available. You can still make noise with them if you try. Still have to wrap the sticks with something.

i seem to make the most noise hitting my linemans carabiner with a stick more than anything.

I decided against the rope mod. For the 1lb savings i’ll stick with the buckles. Reward just not enough to worry about it to me.  Being around the corner from 48 I’m starting to try and think things through. Stock straps are fool proof.

Agreed - I wrapped my sticks with soft camo tape I got on amazon and it seems to help. Thanks for the tips on the yak grips. Good luck this year.