IGNORED

Extended Choke Tubes

Batsto

On 8/9/2018 at 1:33 PM, MikeStaten said:

In talking to guys that are avid sporting clays shooters (consistently in the 90s), they pretty much all say it isn't the choke brand that will cause hits or misses.  

Thank you.   It also it is not any choke that will make a Shooter.  Learn to shoot what you have in the Chosen Choke your shotgun has.  Add-ons are not the answer and at times even ruin a Pattern.  The use of various loads- pellet size brands have more effect on patterns the use of chokes to improve the Pattern is lost with  The modern Loads with the Powders and Wads that better results than any screw in chokes.  As the old rule of barrel Lengths in years past has no bearing on distance. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

9 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Thank you.   It also it is not any choke that will make a Shooter.  Learn to shoot what you have in the Chosen Choke your shotgun has.  Add-ons are not the answer and at times even ruin a Pattern.  The use of various loads- pellet size brands have more effect on patterns the use of chokes to improve the Pattern is lost with  The modern Loads with the Powders and Wads that better results than any screw in chokes.  As the old rule of barrel Lengths in years past has no bearing on distance. 

That is a complete load of crap and, as usual, bad advice from you.  Sure, wads, lead density, powder, and other factors impact shot patterns, but what (I think) you are saying is that choke has no impact at all and that is patently false.  The beauty of screw in choke tubes is the ability to change to meet the circumstances, something that fixed chokes cannot do for a shooter.  A shooter can open or tighten a pattern with using different shot, but only marginally.  Chokes remain the best way to open or tighten a given pattern.  Period.     

2 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

That is a complete load of crap and, as usual, bad advice from you.  Sure, wads, lead density, powder, and other factors impact shot patterns, but what (I think) you are saying is that choke has no impact at all and that is patently false.  The beauty of screw in choke tubes is the ability to change to meet the circumstances, something that fixed chokes cannot do for a shooter.  A shooter can open or tighten a pattern with using different shot, but only marginally.  Chokes remain the best way to open or tighten a given pattern.  Period.     

Talking about Crap thanks for yours.  My background of Shooting Reloading and Professional Skeet Shooting with many Pros from NJ NY FL TX  bears out facts on Choking.  Stay on a subject u pretend to know about.  And it is not advice it is Ballistics.   Care to take my Challenge on the range Skeet or Trap. I will use my Old 1100 with 1000s upon 1000s of rounds against anything you got. Improved Cyl. Have to add Edit your opening words show your Character and your comprehension Fails you also.  Rather than debate, you common strong and you clearly have no Understanding of Ballistics and Modern Shotgun Ammo.  What is your background in Ballistics to say bad advice when none was Given when only experience and opinions were given?   

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Check into patternmaster, and there made right in pa

Who uses extended choke tubes for small game?  I was thinking of getting a shorter barrel/24 inch for my Mossberg  835 and getting  an extended choke tube in skeet or improved cylinder to pump at some rabbits and woodcock. There are a lot of brands out there, what's your favorite? Thanks for the suggestions and pointers!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk