IGNORED

fluke season.

I picked up a new reel for this season too like i said earlier in the thread. I was going to get the samurai on it as well but after talking to someone about it i dont think its worth the money i will be going with the power pro super slick 8 

I feel in love with it at the Salt water expo. Nice feel and very compact.

Yeah I think that was a big complaint for a lot of guys with the other Avets (SX and MXL), wanting a more compact "hand held" feel.

I know a few of you have tried a bunch of reels like the Curado, Revo, etc...but I guess they just didn't hold up to expectations in the saltwater world.

At least, that's how I felt about the inshore oriented Shimano and Penn baitcasting reels, and eventually switched to Avet (more compact, powerhouses gear wise, fast retrieve, and good drag systems for the most part).

Yeah I think that was a big complaint for a lot of guys with the other Avets (SX and MXL), wanting a more compact "hand held" feel.

I know a few of you have tried a bunch of reels like the Curado, Revo, etc...but I guess they just didn't hold up to expectations in the saltwater world.

At least, that's how I felt about the inshore oriented Shimano and Penn baitcasting reels, and eventually switched to Avet (more compact, powerhouses gear wise, fast retrieve, and good drag systems for the most part).

The Curado's SUCK!! never again.. Im a pretty big Shimano guy, or used to be.. I bought the 201 and 301 models that were supposed to be for salt water and they both broke TWICE due to salt water and I only used them for maybe a season and a half, at most..I only ever gently washed them down after I used them and the insides look like they were sitting on the bottom of the ocean for a month.. Theyre sitting on my work bench, collecting dust..im not even sure if Ill ever get em fixed..Ive been slowly drifting away from Shimano, the reels ecspecaily..I love the Avets.. a great reel for the money, my two Quantum Cabos I bought so far have been fantastic..I  bought a Quantum Energy for the salt and a Toro Winch that im gonna try... I know people have had issues with the Toros but I got a great deal on it New in the box from Ebay..