IGNORED

fluke season.

Love fluking!!!  Spent a lot of years fishing the back bays from atlantic city south to Avalon and also the Delaware bay. Im going to try to hit the northern waters this year now that I have a small enough boat to trailer up there.

After the last day of muzzy all my attention was focused on pouring jigs and weights for fluke!

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

Fish for them at different times of year and with different methods.  

Winter flounder you tend to anchor and chum as they lay in the mud.  

Summer flounder you tend to drift around structure, channels, etc where they lay and ambush their prey.

Winter flounder have no teeth, smaller mouth, and their jaw (looking from dark side up) hooks from right to left.  They have a rough texture to their skin.

Summer flounder or fluke have teeth, a larger mouth, and there jaw (looking from dark side up) hooks from left to right.  They have a smooth texture to their skin.

Winter flounder:

Winter-Flounder.jpg

Summer flounder (or fluke) and a big one at that!:

scott_newhall_fourteen_pound_flounder.jp

You guys getting your fluke gear together??? less than a week away.. Im hoping my new Avet SXJ comes in before the season. I ordered it weeks ago but the supplier sent right handed reels (twice). I like  my reels lefty.. I would just order from some place else but i have gift cards and coupons..so, I wait..

You guys getting your fluke gear together??? less than a week away.. Im hoping my new Avet SXJ comes in before the season. I ordered it weeks ago but the supplier sent right handed reels (twice). I like  my reels lefty.. I would just order from some place else but i have gift cards and coupons..so, I wait..

My new SXJ just came in the mail today.  It looks sweet and I can't wait to use it.   I'm going to spool it up with Daiwa Samurai braid this week which better be good because it was much more costly than the Power Pro and suffix I have been using :)