IGNORED

Shotgun Advice

birdgang12

Hey all,

I just finished up my first year of bow hunting, and needless to say I am now hooked. I am looking to get a shotgun in order to expand my horizons. I will be mostly using it for waterfowl, but would like something that is versital enough to throw some buckshot for deer, and maybe a little bit of upland hunting. I dont really want to spend more that $600. So far I have looked at the remington 870 and the Benelli Supernova. The remington was a bit cheaper, but didnt feel as well made and just wasnt as comfortable of a fit in the shoulder. My questions are, of these two which would you suggest? Is the Benelli worth the higher price? Are there any reliable autoloaders in that price range worth looking into?

Any advice would be appreciated.

remington wingmaster enough said........

The 870 Express is what you are looking at i assume. It is a great gun and never fails me.

However, like hunter dan said.... I LOVE my 870 Wingmaster. It is a fancier gun then the Benelli and 870 Express and is an absolute workhorse. It will look and feel good waterfowl hunting, deer hunting and upland bird hunting

I like the 870 over the Nova, if your going to use it more so for waterfowl stick with a shotgun that can handle 3.5" shells, both the 870 and Nova can do this, also look into the Mossberg 835, or 535. I know Dick's Sporting Goods is having a sale on the Mossberg 535 with two barrels with a few chokes for about $400