IGNORED

I need help

TDietz

• 3 weeks later...

TDietz,

Welcome, Its nice to see another fellow curmudgeon here.

Remember these words:  “No man is an island, entire of itself”. 

It is sometimes hard to follow these words, but...

Oh, I happen to notice your line; “without me, my rifle is nothing”

Reminds me of the Marines Rifleman’s Creed:

This is my rifle.  There are many like it, but this one is mine.  It is my life.  I must master it as I must master my life.  Without me my rifle is useless.  Without my rifle, I am useless.        

I must fire my rifle true.  I must shoot straighter than the enemy who is trying to kill me.  I must shoot him before he shoots me.  I will.  My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, or the smoke we make.  We know that it is the hits that count.  We will hit.

My rifle is human, even as I am human, because it is my life.  Thus, I will learn it as a brother.  I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel.  I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.  We will become part of each other.

Before God I swear this creed.  My rifle and I are the defenders of my country.  We are the masters of our enemy.  We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Thanks Guys, It's been a hectic couple of weeks since I posted this, saw that it popped back up last week and didn't have time to respond. Yeah, most of my breakdown issue was due to receiving some grim news the day before from my brother- bad heart. Hereditary thing, I'm definitely feeling it. He's scheduled for open heart surgery/ valve replacement soon so keep us in your thoughts please.

without me, my rifle is nothing