IGNORED

Electrician Needed - South NJ, Burlington County

BowhunterNJ

Save thousands..Get a book and do it yourself... piece of cake.. ... :drilling:

Sheetrock you attempt yourself. Electricity, HVAC, and Plumbing you leave to the experts. The results can be shocking.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

you attempt yourself. Electricity, HVAC, and Plumbing you leave to the experts. The results can be shocking.

lol.. indeed it can be shocking... I should have said buy a book and make sure U follow the instructions and heed the warnings... Out of those things U listed, I am more likely to do all of it myself except the sheet rock.. Just cant get the taping right.. :banghead:

:D

Taping? Wait till you take your time and make perfect runs all through your Kitchen to have it hard wired for the inspector in the morning. Its 11:30pm by the time you finish but you have every wire flat and straight, Boxes all nailed and leveled, Cleaned all the sawdust left over from cutting through all those 2x4's. Fingers are sore from hitting them with your hammer all day just to get that last tiny bit of slack out. Morning comes way to soon and as you start to sip that first bit of coffee you see the inspector pull up. He comes in and introduces himself with clipboard in hand. Looks around and without a second notice is reaching for a red FAILED sticker. He informs you the code for wiring kitchens is 20 wire not 15. Then you realize why your electrical buddy dropped of all those rolls of yellow wire and you has to skimp to use the last bit of white. 

:hmmmer:

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

Taping? Wait till you take your time and make perfect runs all through your Kitchen to have it hard wired for the inspector in the morning. Its 11:30pm by the time you finish but you have every wire flat and straight, Boxes all nailed and leveled, Cleaned all the sawdust left over from cutting through all those 2x4's. Fingers are sore from hitting them with your hammer all day just to get that last tiny bit of slack out. Morning comes way to soon and as you start to sip that first bit of coffee you see the inspector pull up. He comes in and introduces himself with clipboard in hand. Looks around and without a second notice is reaching for a red FAILED sticker. He informs you the code for wiring kitchens is 20 wire not 15. Then you realize why your electrical buddy dropped of all those rolls of yellow wire and you has to skimp to use the last bit of white. 

:hmmmer:

It is possible to buy the book and pass.  I did it for my entire house from the panel and added a sub-panel.  The most annoying thing was fire foaming all the holes in the studs...

The hardest thing about doing electrical work is reading all the codes. Like most other governmental bullshit you could cut them by 90% and it would have no discernible effect on the populace. I've paid electricians to do service entrances, panels, etc. But other than actually doing weatherheads and what not anything else inside the house is relatively basic and can be done by anyone with brains and attention to detail. Especially these days where practically every appliance requires a dedicated run. The most important thing is that you read up on how to safely deal with all components inside the house and how to kill the power and ensure you aren't working with live circuits. That being said, many times it is just much less hassle to pay someone else to do it.