IGNORED

Trout Magnets Who Knew

1957Buck

Trout Magnets?  What are you trying to do to this snobbish, dry fly purist???  What's next, a thread on power bait????  Worm dunking????? :shock:  :rofl:

I have to say that I've never tried the TMs, but I know many who swear by them and white seems to be the color of choice by most.  I used to favor a size 2 Blue Fox Vibrax spinner in silver in my spin days.  But I used it all and then some since I was a wee lad.  Rapalas, worms, Mepps and Rooster Tail spinners, Pheobe lures, etc.  They all have their places.  But for the last 25 years or so, I stick 100% to the fly rod.    

I am with you but 5-8 inch Plugs are hard to cast with them.   :up:

Last year I started Grandson with 5 Wt. Gave him a nickname  ( Roll Cast ) Now to move him up to 10 WT in Saltwater. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Photos are what are used for Trout --Dolly and all other Egg eating fish in Alaska and is Considered Fly Fishing. 

Have caught many Rainbows there with them.  might say it is Alaska's answer for Trout Magnets.

Could not believe it when I was introduced to them, Guides on all the rivers with Trout and Dolly Use this setup On a Fly Rod Only Since Flyfishing only is the Law.   

standard bead rig copy.jpg

7013_MEIHO_LARGE_O.jpg

My buddy was all dejected last year after a day of trout fishing.  He sat there with all of his fancy flies and equipment, trying to match the hatch, he spent hours switching flies and tactics and locations, but didn't catch a thing.  Meanwhile, some young kid comes down to the river with his Walmart pole and powerbait.  The kid pulled out fish as fast as he could drop his line in the water.   :rofl:     

My buddy was all dejected last year after a day of trout fishing.  He sat there with all of his fancy flies and equipment, trying to match the hatch, he spent hours switching flies and tactics and locations, but didn't catch a thing.  Meanwhile, some young kid comes down to the river with his Walmart pole and powerbait.  The kid pulled out fish as fast as he could drop his line in the water.   :rofl:     

:up:  :agree:  But Fly fishing is just that Fishing. The rewards are bigger when you hook a trout with one especially if it is a Fly you Made.  

It is like Power Boat versus a Sailboat. The power boat goes like hell to get there The Sailboat is already there.  ;)