IGNORED

Need a new release

DRBetz

So somehow while in the woods yesterday my bow release disappeared from my person. I retraced my steps and had no luck finding it, so I am looking for suggestions on a cheaper release to replace it with?  My hunting budget for the season is running low as I picked up a bow and climbing stand last year and I am not looking for super high performance, just something that works and won't crap out on my in the next few years.

Or if someone has a metal detector in the Middlesex area and is willing to give a quick lesson and lend it out?

Thanks for the suggestions, no rush as deer sightings for me have been few and far between, except when pulling out of my street at 5:30, but I hope to have something in hand by end of next week.

dont just buy a cheap one to get by. you get what you pay for.

a decent release will give you a lifetime of use ( unless you lose it )

and a cheap release just isnt going to perform like a good one. your shot execution is the most important part of the hunt

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I had been shooting the same thumb release for about 18 years until last week, and now I can't find it or a close replica.  It had grooves for all four fingers and a rotating jaw with a selector screw that allowed you to choose from push or pull, not that I ever tried the push option.

Sounds like maybe a tru ball?

I use a 3 finger Scott Exxus and am happy with it. I would look on the AT classifieds as they usually have a bunch for sale

It does look like it was a Tru Ball from looking at their site, but apparently they do not make the same model. Thanks for the name, I looked into the Scott Exxus, but that is a little outside of my budget at the moment, I'll give AT a look, I hadn't thought of that as an option.

It does look like it was a Tru Ball from looking at their site, but apparently they do not make the same model. Thanks for the name, I looked into the Scott Exxus, but that is a little outside of my budget at the moment, I'll give AT a look, I hadn't thought of that as an option.

You should be able to find a deal on a used release within your budget and being that we are towards the end of the season, you will have plenty of time to practice and get familiar with your "new" release. Good luck man :up: