IGNORED

My Sweet Ride

1957Buck

Been using this Raft for some years and finally came up with a few improvements, Found many ideas on Youtube where some are rigged out big time. I just wanted to it keep it simple and comfortable. 

The soft Bottom in the raft made it very hard for me to get out or sit for periods of time,

With the raft upside down I made a paper floor pattern. to cut The floor to fit under the Chamber. some use PVC pipe to the level floor over the ribs. I did not. Used waterproof 1/4 Ply and painted with Urethane both sides did this to all pieces and rolled carpet adhesive to the Bottom and seats. used lightest Outdoor Carpet Lowes had. The rear deck I added a raised seat to sit like in a chair. Center seat is slidable. I use the oars and My Kayak paddle depending on the wind Heavy wind is a bad thing.  

I put The whole rig I put on my SUV roof inflated but put all seats inside SUV.  

This model has 3, Air Chambers for Safety.  Since I did this many people want to do the same but I recommend only on Small Sheltered Lakes & ponds. 

Grandsons love it and at times just want to Float around.

Made a College rather than separate Photos will post separately if anyone is interested in doing this and would be glad to give a hand. 

Post waw.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Yea those things a flimsy by themselves and fold up like hot dog bun when you get in them. I prefer my plastic canoe, although much heavier to deal with.

It never folded up like a bun as U say Sevyor Rafts Rafts are made of Very heavy materials and when inflated are rigid some put Motors on them I have had Canoe's and many kayaks but I find the Raft better suited to fish small lakes and ponds with my grandsons.  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif