IGNORED

Goose Burgers with Gravy

mazzgolf

With the recent talk on an earlier thread about goose meat and whether it's good or not - it got me in the mood :) so I took out some of my goose meat from the freezer and made Goose Burgers with Gravy. It is a take-off on a Venison Sliders and Gravy recipe I found online - I just ground up goose meat instead and made burgers with that - and I skipped the rolls entirely. Tastes almost like salisbury steak. This stuff is good! 

BURGERS: in a bowl, mix ground goose meat, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, bread crumbs and form into patties.  When meat is room temperature, cook on grill till slightly pink (I cooked them on a George Foreman Grill for 4 to 5 minutes tops). 

GRAVY:

1 1/2 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 Tbsp flour
1 cup beef stock
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup cream
1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp ground thyme

Melt butter in a pot. Whisk in flour. Slowly whisk in the rest of the gravy ingredients. Bring to boil then remove from heat. Place gravy over burger patties.

You can put these on a roll and just eat them like hamburgers. Or do what I did and eat them without the bread - it's good just like this with a knife and fork!

goose-with-gravy.jpg.7f160ebaa3c7ff017548a82c9051f92b.jpg