IGNORED

anyone know how to hunt coons

I might be mistaken...but.. Not sure if calling coons is even legal in this state.

If it is..It must be done at night...Legal hunting hours are 1hour AFTER sunset to 1 hour Before sunrise.

Yeah idk if its legal i was trying to get input because there is a season for them so i was trying to lern how to hunt them.

Choot em :elch:

forget about it you don't want to!Too much time n money,call.s?HA,HA you need more than 1 GOOOOD dog a tracker n tree'er alot woods so they don't get run over,hunted coon 4nights a week when was younger.You really wanna know more? answer back,maybe i'll help ya.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

forget about it you don't want to!Too much time n money' date='call.s?HA,HA you need more than 1 GOOOOD dog a tracker n tree'er alot woods so they don't get run over,hunted coon 4nights a week when was younger.You really wanna know more? answer back,maybe i'll help ya.

[/quote']

I don't have a dog for it ill stick to predator hunting thanks guys

Choot em :elch:

I don't have a dog for it ill stick to predator hunting thanks guys

Yeah you just don't walk up on em with a flashlight in the woods,you can do that in someones yard,though lol iv'e not done it in years but if you never did it,you gotta try it.Try finding a club link or something,memory serves me well see if they still have the crier I think it was.coon crier maybe.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Coon hunt'n with Hounds is a unique experience. From the mid 70's till the early 90's A buddy and me would go EVERY night during the season. We killed alot of coons and had alot of fun. I wish we still had the land to hunt and not as much traffic on the roads. Back 'in the day'... People didn't mind if your dog ran a coon on to their property. They actually welcomed coon hunters. That has all changed, Farms were sold, 'City' folk have moved in, the old timers are gone, and there is just to much traffic on the roads. Not to mention all the bear that are around, Dogs would be treeing just as many bear as coon !

I often think about how nice it would have been to of had a set of Garmin Astro GPS collars on the dogs.

Ah- yes....The Good 'ol Days.:up:

How nice it would have been to of had a set of Garmin Astro GPS collars on the dogs.

Gobblegetter, my man,Good to hear from someone who's been round the holle'r.In the 70s this guy hugg,worked for a back,and had access n permission fromland forclosures for us to chase some coon.He lived on hugg rd. the little dead end between pleasant rd and the 1st black river lot,we'd do alot of randolph,chester,etc.Yup good ole day's with the good ole boy's from down south n I don't mean jersey.lol coulda used gps one night ,when the dogs were runnin a real hot one,this was a college coon he wouldn't tree,the dogs are 1/4 mile away en go silent,WTF,we split up n I find em,the bandit wanted to get to his den,he dug out under a pile a broken concrete sidewalk,the 2 dogs were rippin at each other to get at em,thats why we couldn't here em they were barkin in the hole,one dogs ear was chewed up pretty bad.Our gps then was when we lost a dog ue'd leave a coat or somethin with yer scent on it n go back the next day n the dog was layin there waitin fer ya.before .they allowed .22s bolt shorts only u used the 12ga. I got em with flu flus too.Yer right it was great!even when gettin lost in swamps. yer GPS was the stars.LOLgotta stop now, I got a million good hunt mememories.

Dogs would be treeing just as many bear as coon ! Thats if the big jersey bear didn't stand his ground an kill the dog's,only little bear tree.