IGNORED

Chenango County

Gman

On Friday my wife has an all day meeting in Norwich, NY.  I'm going with her the night before with the plan that I'll trout fish while she's working. 

I checked out the NY DEC site and there are very few named trout streams near by.  The map shows no wild trout streams.  

Just curious if any of you guys have fished up around Norwich or New Berlin, I'm willing to drive 30 or so minutes to a decent stream.

Thanks for the suggestions!

All depends on how far you are willing to go.................I have fished the Nine Mile Creek in Camillus, NY. Took me about 3 hours from my house. It is a great place to fish and stocked well by the NYDEC. It is about an hour and 20 from New Berlin. I started behind the Camillus Fire Department and fished down stream. Caught lots. 

2 closer spots would be the Genegantslet Creek & Otselic River....never fished either.

The unadilla river is also an option. 

Edited by nmc02

I have fished there many times while turkey hunting, found trout in everything from creeks to small drainages,  if you make it to Brookfield beaver creek usually has nice trout