IGNORED

Woman attacked by bear in PA

Kayak Ken

Hard to blame the bear and pretty typical attack. The woman “attacked” left bird seed/feeder where bears could get at it, let her dog out at night without a leash, and she confronted a momma bear with cubs without a way to protect herself and momma bear isn’t going to back down.  The bear didn’t want her dead, she just wanted to protect her cubs. All very avoidable. Tough lesson for the PA woman. 

3 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Hard to blame the bear and pretty typical attack. The woman “attacked” left bird seed/feeder where bears could get at it, let her dog out at night without a leash, and she confronted a momma bear with cubs without a way to protect herself and momma bear isn’t going to back down.  The bear didn’t want her dead, she just wanted to protect her cubs. All very avoidable. Tough lesson for the PA woman. 

I try and warm people in my PA community not to feed the bears and deer. But all the city folk on vacation just love it and thing nothing of it. I see them walk right up to bucks and pet them. One day someone is going to get an antler right to the face.