IGNORED

Tuckahoe #4

DarthWaderTroj

I’m hunting that blind in a few weeks. Went and scouted around a little last month but didn’t have my waders so I could only get so close. Looked easy enough to get to. Close parking and there’s a little foot bridge to cross the first ditch. I’ll probably bring a small kayak just to help get my stuff out there but it looked very wadeable/walkable.

31 minutes ago, HuntQs said:

there’s a little foot bridge to cross the first ditch

The first year of the lottery, that bridge wasn't there... gnarly trying to get across that first ditch without it. Glad they have a bridge now.. that will make it much easier. I haven't scouted since that first year, but when I did, blind 4 was tough to walk to because there were some deep mud you had to trudge through. @rem870hunter1 can tell you about it - he got stuck and I had to help pull him out :D It looks like this year they shifted all the blinds to slightly different locations (based on the GPS coords they published this year, and what my first year scouting showed) so maybe that made it easier? I dunno. Definitely should scout beforehand so you can be prepared for what the walk in will be like. My advice is to take a wading stick.

probably a waste of time if you find it. their infinite wisdom of people who barely duck hunt ruined it and the unregulated side that was fine being managed for pressure a couple days a week to morning hunts only. went there one day and it was clear it was blown out because its rampant with pressure now. the all knowing state knows best. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point next season or after it goes back to what it was due to their laziness and carelessness in the name of the old reliable excuse...short staffed.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2023 at 1:52 PM, chenrossi said:

probably a waste of time if you find it. their infinite wisdom of people who barely duck hunt ruined it and the unregulated side that was fine being managed for pressure a couple days a week to morning hunts only. went there one day and it was clear it was blown out because its rampant with pressure now. the all knowing state knows best. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point next season or after it goes back to what it was due to their laziness and carelessness in the name of the old reliable excuse...short staffed.. 

Can you tell me more I don't fully understand what you're saying. I've never been there and was going to enter the lottery next year since I missed it this year and all my spots have become over pressured