IGNORED

In the Trunk Again

This time, my own son stunned me, put a bag over my head, and threw me in the trunk to head back to the Pines.  Seriously, though, we drove all the way down ............ well, lets just say we drove a long way to see if we could maybe find one of the toughest species of snakes to see in NJ.  Today we met up with a bunch of cool folks for a hike ...........

Racer%20Egg%20Clutch%202_zpsslh1jkae.jpg

We found a few egg clutches, this one from a northern black racer

Skink%20Egg%20Clutch_zps6qbkpsbd.jpg

This one obviously from a five-lined skink

Fence%20Lizard_zpsus8w1rpf.jpg

This fence lizard stopped just long enough for me to snap this shitty pic ..............

Fowlers%20Toad%201_zpss8updydm.jpg

Too bad that dude who craves a pic of an American Toad wasn't with us and would rather photo Fowler's Toads - we prolly saw over 100 today.

Southern%20Ring-Neck%20Snake_zpsmvo22ct9

Southern Ringneck Snake.  Note the "broken" collar.  The Northern species has a complete collar.

Scarlet%20Snake%201_zpslosoylvh.jpg

And there it is.  My Son found the first of the day.  And then he found the second and last.  Those with us indicated it was really large for the species .........

Scarlet%20Snake%203_zpsbbzava1b.jpg

Northern Scarlet Snake

Once I recover from the abuse, I think I might make it back for one more trip later this fall.  Would love a Rough Green, King, and Coastal Plain Milk Intergrade.