IGNORED

Any tips on catching carp in a river?

MikeStaten

1 minute ago, Zipper said:

Caught them as a kid in local ponds. Corn meal, corn and dough always worked.

You had ponds in Wallington you didn't fish the Passaic

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

14 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

You had ponds in Wallington you didn't fish the Passaic

County Park pond in Wallington mostly.  The Passaic River was really bad  and in the 60s and 70s. Much better now. Actually great fishing now.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

7 minutes ago, Zipper said:

County Park pond in Wallington mostly.  The Passaic River was really bad  and in the 60s and 70s. Much better now. Actually great fishing now.

I began Carp fishing in the Passaic in the early seventies. Agree it was bad you'd see fish coming up to the surface just gasping for air. Took a long time to clean up that water from the Paterson silk factors.

I don't remember the eara but there was a lot of people coming in the hospitals and dying from swimming in the Passaic River.

My favorite spot on the Passaic was on 21 North Clifton nutley border a mile up from Park avenue there was a mulberry tree where the bridge the river ran up to the back of itt

Used to catch em on high tide on my fly rod woohoo.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

9 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

I began Carp fishing in the Passaic in the early seventies. Agree it was bad you'd see fish coming up to the surface just gasping for air. Took a long time to clean up that water from the Paterson silk factors.

I don't remember the eara but there was a lot of people coming in the hospitals and dying from swimming in the Passaic River.

My favorite spot on the Passaic was on 21 North Clifton nutley border a mile up from Park avenue there was a mulberry tree where the bridge the river ran up to the back of itt

Used to catch em on high tide on my fly rod woohoo.

Lenny told me about a tree like that where guys used to shoot carp out of for his  bow contest. Was that it?

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

14 minutes ago, Zipper said:

Lenny told me about a tree like that where guys used to shoot carp out of for his  bow contest. Was that it?

Yup, I'd warm up for the spawn and get the bigger fish out of the Delaware and the Hudson we shot off the bridge, a tributary ran under the bridge high tide we'd be out there at night with the lights end of May and June they swam up the tributary,we parked on the shoulder for years then Clifton put up signs no stopping no standing.

Edited by hunterbob1