IGNORED

Water Gap/Hunt/Fish/Camp

mike trout

Just wondering....has anyone ever tried to float and fish the river, hike into a stocked area for a hunt, then camped overnight? Looks like stocking areas around Walpack Bend are near a first come/first serve camp site if doing a certain mileage down the river. Can't find anything against it in the park's compendium and regs. Sounds like it could be an enjoyable weekend. 

It might be best to contact both the DWGRA park service in Bushkill, PA and NJ fish and wildlife. I know you can't have ground fires unless otherwise in a marked area.

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

Thanks for the information! Called the park and spoke with an Interp and Law Enforcement Ranger.

Sounds like it's doable!

In case anyone else is thinking of this, the only thing Law Enforcement advised me of was when filing my float plan and parking information to denote that I would have a firearm cased and locked with me at my campsite, and not to shoot at anything other than birds! 

I wouldn't file anything to anybody saying I would "have a firearm cased and locked with me"... why? What purpose does that serve? Have your FID with you, have your hunting license with you, and go do what you want. As long as you are legal with everything, why do the feds or state officials need to know you will have a firearm "cased and locked" with you? Screw that. What is this? Nazi Germany? "Your papers, please".

59 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

I wouldn't file anything to anybody saying I would "have a firearm cased and locked with me"... why? What purpose does that serve? Have your FID with you, have your hunting license with you, and go do what you want. As long as you are legal with everything, why do the feds or state officials need to know you will have a firearm "cased and locked" with you? Screw that. What is this? Nazi Germany? "Your papers, please".

It pretty much is and going to get worse...