IGNORED

Cell cams , solar , battery preference

hammer4reel

As with many guys here I find energizer lithium’s to last longest during cold weather . But I hate using. Especially during these warmer months .

while they still last better in areas getting a lot of daily pics , there is no warning of when they go dead .

normal industrial batteries operate well down to 30 % 

lithiums can stop working reading anywhere from 83-87% 

I like knowing a battery change is needed and hate having batteries go dead when I least expect it .

Also have been running 5 of the spypoint solar cams .

knew they would be iffy in the early season due to tree canopy .

but by putting them in spots where sunlight got through they have maintained their charge all season .

the ones I have near field edges have really done well . My Ohio cams have been out since June and are between 98-100 percent charged still .

sending pics every 2 hours for almost 7 months .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I agree lithiums are best when it comes to AA Batteries but they goto zero with no indication....I found at 75% life change them ASAP but at 80% to 85% you may have a few days to spare 

With the panels face it South, face camera more towards the north....also give charge the internal battery overnight...also don't have the camera send pictures everytime it takes a picture the panel needs time to charge so twice per day is good...even when using AA Batteries  twice per day. The amount of power it takes to take a picture is one thing to connect to server takes far more power so twice per day is great...it will connect twice and send whatever amount of pictures it has you will see a difference in battery life

I put solar panels on my Spartan Go Lives in October. Game changer! I will be adding battery boxes this week. In addition I will be adding three solar/battery units to my more remote Cuddelinks. 

I've had pretty good luck from the Energizer Industrials in AA and D for way less cost than the Duracells. Not one battery has leaked since switching before the season.