IGNORED

lee load all 2 V.S. Mec Jr

Panderus

Hey everyone,

I am doing some preliminary research into reloading shot shells and want your opinion on these two machines. I'm not trying to mass produce target loads, I think it would be cool to load primarily 2-3/4 #6s for small game, some 3 inch shells for waterfowl and maybe some turkey loads once i've figured out the basics.  I want to start with 12ga and then do 16 as well. I just would like to see if anyone on here has experience with these two machines. I'm leaning towards to lee as it is my understanding that it comes with a full set of bushings and can do 2-3/4 and 3 inch shells out of the box. I find this appealing as I want to play around with different game loads and shot types (copper non lead etc).  the mec seems much higher quality but sounds like it is harder to do different length shells and requires buying more parts? I am clearly a novice so any advice is great. 

I have the Lee -- I never used it - loaned it to my dad who has reloaded 20 gauge (it can reload 12ga too). He said it was very easy to use, and he hasn't had a bad round in the ones he reloaded. I think its good for what you (and my dad) use it for - just a little bit of reloading as a hobby.

I have a 12ga loader (high end machine) I bought used with my dad and brother (1/3 each lol)
We never even used it..
If you're interested I'll get you pics and a price. It's located in clifton now but I can get it to fredon as well. I dotn recall the name of it. Ill find out from my dad.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk