IGNORED

If you run into deer on the way to your stand, do you...

Swamp_Yankee

If you are hunting your own land and baiting, start using an atv to bait. When you go to hunt the stand. Have someone take you in or walk in with the atv if you are concerned about the exhause fumes scenting up your clothing. The deer will associate that atv with food and no danger. If they are there. They will walk off a few allowing you time to climb in the tree. 

When the atv leaves it means dinner is served. 

They come right back once they are conditioned. 

I cant tell you how many times the deer are back within 10 mins. 

I cant get in a stand without blowing them out. The atv works well

It sounds out there but it works for me. 

This is also the main reason I only hunt afternoons. The deer are there in the mornings too but walking through them does way more to educate them they are being hunted. 

Afternoons I like because the deer are bedded and I like to get in earlier than later but going in late ,I can see the deer in my food plots when I walk out my door and the atv works real well

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

Keep going.. Public land, private land, it’s never made a difference for me.  I’ve bumped deer more times than I can remember.  Off hand, I bet half the deer I’ve taken the last several years were all bumped on my way in.  Sometimes they come back, sometimes they don’t.  

Edited by Zone50BugNerd