IGNORED

Food Plot Schedule

Here's my list for the year. I'll start frost seeding some items at the end of the month and will prep and plant right through August.

Alice Clover

Ladino Clover

Jumbo Ladino

Med. Red Clover

Oasis Chickory

Dwarf Essex Rape

Groundhog Radish

Purple Top Turnip

Sugar Beets

Cave Rock Switch

American Cranberry

Corn

Forage Oats

Winter Peas

I helped a friend plant/maintain some food plots on his property in Upstate NY last year.

First, we did some maintenance to an existing clover plot by killing off some grasses that were starting to show.

After that we planted several new plots. We planted forage oats, and brassicas. The forage oats came in great and the deer pounded them. The brassicas had great germination but growth was stunted due to overseeding...there was too much competition. Make sure you don't overseed brassicas. Despite that, the deer still ate them.

He has plans to expand the food plots this year. I am sure we will incorporate these plants into the new plots as well as possibly add others. Fortunately for him, there is a corn field across the street from his property and the deer come from the rear of his property to get there. So we're just trying to provide them with some nutritious browse along the way and trying to funnel them into locations for an easy kill.

Heading to pa in march to start clearing ground for two new food plots. Clover and alfalfa. Then over seed the existing plot. Then back up in August to plant fall and winter plots buck forage oats and brassicas.

BuckScore Certified Scorer.

Outdoor Channel National Deer Contest Scorer

• 3 weeks later...

I have 11 acres of Alfalfa/clover mix on my farm in Illinois and the deer have been pounding it. I was just there last month and there were still some green spots and the tracks and turds were all over. I have 2 more plots of about 2 acres each of pasture which I am and currently thinking about planting rr beans and corn . I have a small hidden 1/2 acre plot which I dont know whats going in there yet. I also have 50 apple trees coming the 1st week of April. Going to be a busy Spring

www.liftxrentals.com