IGNORED

What set up to get for the Outer Banks?

lefteye

My old landlord used to go there all the time.  The rods were long 11-12' and the have specially made sinkers, my wife got me some when she went visiting a  friend. They look like elongated pyramid  sinkers.  Most of the fishing whether bait or lures consisted of long casts. I recommend http://www.stripersonline.com/f/ for more info. Checkout the regional forums.

Edited by jerseyhunter

Usually when I go on vacation, I just try to get by with what I have. Usually it's good enough to have some fun and catch a few fish. If you have a setup you use up here, I'd just use that down there too rather than getting a whole new setup just for a vacation stint, unless you plan on going down there often :)

It is a good excuse to buy an 11 or 12 footer. I have a 9 foot that is pretty stiff, and a nice medium 8 foot St. Croix that is great for bucktailing fluke from the beach. There is, however, always room for one more rod.

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

Haha in that case it sounds like you need to add to the arsenal! Def think a tsunami or tica are great for the price point. Reel is always an unknown for me unless you are splurging on a van staal. I don't know many that can handle the sand very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk