IGNORED

Deer are hitting the brassicas hard

2 flexible buck tags per year - use when and how you wish.  It doesn't have to be more complicated than that, and there is a way to do it while still generating enough revenue for the state. 

The first step in the right direction would be for the state to separate REVENUE from MANAGEMENT.   

We have the habitat. We have some decent genetics. We don't have the collective personal restraint to improve buck quality. We don't have the regs and management plan to support quality. 

I think more hunters want to see more quality bucks than most would care to admit. I think there is a way to keep everyone mostly happy, but the current 6 buck tag system by pinning a tag to every freakin' permit has to stop, it's nothing more than a money grab and has nothing to do with deer management. 

2 buck tags, sensible doe regs, and the word "unlimited" should never exist in any regulation, be it fish or game.    Deer quotas should be per hunter per calendar year per zone and should not "reset" with each permit.  Let that sink in - in z5, they attempted to eliminate "unlimited" by making it 9 antlerless, but that is only per permit, you can go from fall bow to permit bow to muzzy and that's 27 antlerless right there...    If they feel "9" antlerless is correct, then make it accumulative per that zone for the entire season.    

2 buck tags - flexible...

2 buck tags - flexible...

2 buck tags - flexible..

There  I said it three times, am I not in NJ anymore?

Jack I have to disagree, I think it should be 2 flexible buck tags to use whenever you want. What you are saying makes no sense

www.liftxrentals.com

Absolutely no way to enforce it and no way guys will be honest. 

Just think about how many guys cant tell the difference or just dont care especially during early eab season. Might as well include shed bucks but then guys would actually have to look at what they are shooting at

Disagree on inability to enforce. It is very easy to enforce. Also, for the reasons you stated above it would make guys less likely pulling a trigger on a very young deer. Its a win all around. Most people bitch about overharvesting does in NJ but most people don't realize we kill more bucks than does. Yes, we take more male deer than does and then we look to reduce doe harvest to improve buck situation. :shock:  If you make a mistake, no big deal, no crime is committed you just lose your buck tag. Can't shy away from creating sensible regulations, that could actually help, because there will be cheaters.

Edited by Lunatic