IGNORED

Public hunting land tree stand placement ediquit

muzzy1

My biggest concern would be the type of hunter the guy is. He may not have seen your stand, in which case it was just an accident.  He may be a total a-hole and put it there on purpose.  

I'd also be worried about his scent/noise control. He may be a ninja or he may be the type of guy who stinks like crazy, tries out 100 new products and makes a racket every second he is in the woods.  If that is the case, he will blow that spot up and make it worthless.  

You could leave a note on the stand and see what kind of guy he is.  Personally, I'd probably move anyway.  I don't trust most other people's scent and noise control abilities

the guy put this stand up sunday, in my opinion just total lack of respect for another hunter. I would never put a stand up near another guy like that

Leave him a note, maybe, and very likely he didn't even see your stand. "My stand is only 40 yards from where you set up, give me a call so we can work something out". If he is an a hole he will not call you or call you to tell you to get lost. If he didn't see it he may move or tell you days he will be hunting. Until you know what happened you are just speculating and driving yourself nuts.

Edited by Lunatic