IGNORED

First one of the season

Lunatic

I like to try everything I hunt but some how I can't bring myself to even skin a Groundhog...maybe this year:-) 

I have skinned a groundhog for a friend. they are easy to skin, but are extremely oily.

I had the hide on the board for 2 months, and I was still wiping off oil that was seeping out. each time I wiped down the hide, it was bone dry. but every time I checked it, it looked like I never wiped it down yet. it was a never ending process.

I cant image what a taxidermist must go through to do a wild boar mount. I was told that theres not much difference in a wild boar and groundhog, mounting wise and eating. same meat, same texture, same taste, smaller animal

I guess you can say its like a 22 250 and 22LR. same caliber but different.

Edited by Kype

22 cailber is a nice round. just some cartridges hold more powder.[/quote ]

22-250 will kill deer at 100 yards as it delivers 100 ftlb at that distance. It comes our screaming at almost 4,000 ft/sec.

Very wicket round capable of much more than what it looks like.

22 is a different story

22 cailber is a nice round. just some cartridges hold more powder.[/quote ]

22-250 will kill deer at 100 yards as it delivers 100 ftlb at that distance. It comes our screaming at almost 4,000 ft/sec.

Very wicket round capable of much more than what it looks like.

22 is a different story

I was only saying, they are both a .22 caliber round. just one has more power behind it then the other. plus the longer bullet.

I have skinned a groundhog for a friend. they are easy to skin, but are extremely oily.

I had the hide on the board for 2 months, and I was still wiping off oil that was seeping out. each time I wiped down the hide, it was bone dry. but every time I checked it, it looked like I never wiped it down yet. it was a never ending process.

I cant image what a taxidermist must go through to do a wild boar mount. I was told that theres not much difference in a wild boar and groundhog, mounting wise and eating. same meat, same texture, same taste, smaller animal

I guess you can say its like a 22 250 and 22LR. same caliber but different.

Nice comparison