IGNORED

Favorite Deer hunting Tactic

Maximus

Using a treestand appears to be the most effective way to harvest a deer without getting blown for drawing back or even for being winded. However, I simply love ground hunting with nothing but maybe a couple branches bent in certain directions to help conceal me.

There is nothing more exhilarating to me than getting your heart pounding by having to hide your eyes to prevent a deer from spooking, just to move in position and snap your bow back the second they get complacent and look away or pop their head behind a tree or some brush and then finally letting your arrow fly and hit the bread basket.

I haven't shot too many deer in my day, but I've actually shot more on the ground than out of a stand. In fact the buck in my avatar was actually shot via the ground, no ground blind, no scent, no bait. All I did was hunt a very good rubline and I got lucky. He came in on me so fast from behind me that I couldn't even get a good look at his rack due to hiding the whites of my eyes before shooting that I had NO IDEA the size of him until my brother walked up on him and found him the next morning with me.

Attached is a better pic of him... Hope it works!

post-324-13664222198917_thumb.jpg

“A free people ought to be armed.†George Washington

“You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.†Admiral Yamamoto

Okay so now that we have made that clear, lets preserve our Country and our Rights.