IGNORED

Model Win. 22 Cl. 69a upgrade

1957Buck

Finally got all the Parts to complete the upgrades. So last night when things got Quilted down I went into my Basement Backroom, Took off the side mount and scope., laid out the Weaver mounts, center punched and drilled 4 holes 2 through 2 blind. Tapped the holes. Set the mounts in the Clear Gorilla Glue and screwed them Down.  Located the Mounts and installed the new Scope. I did not settle on the Mount height so ordered Low -Medium- High profiles and will experiment at the range for the best for me.  The Scope I got was recommended by my Alaskan brother who has the same one on a 22 cal. Rifle.  Was surprised by the weight of it but what a huge difference from my old one.  Hate to even wonder what a Gunsmith get to do this. once I asked he wanted $40 a Hole. and might get to it in 2 months or more.  when 2 1/2 hours of leisure time gets it done 

Forgot to add the Bolt hits the scope mount but will shave off about 1/8 off the corner of the base of the mount. 

100_1403.JPG

100_1400.JPG

100_1405.JPG

100_1412.JPG

100_1407.JPG

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

1 hour ago, maximus66 said:

Nice, love to see guys take on the task. It kills me when i hear guys say they took there gun to a gunsmith to have it cleaned/lubed LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There once was a post about just that can someone recommend a GS that can Clean my Fire Arms.  IMO they have no Pride in their Guns and the excuse I have no time but have money is BS. One of the first things My Father taught me before I ever shot a gun was how to Take care of it.                                                                                       Ask a Marine if he Cleans and maintains his guns. After they were made to sleep with them in Boot camp. I even heard the first question in The NJ hunter safety course is What is the difference between the Butt and Muzzle. Second, what is the Trigger Used for?  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif