IGNORED

04.27.24 Turkey Check -In

BHC

30 minutes ago, Mikethesparky said:

new hunter here. didnt hear anything today up in zone 7. my buddy is sayign dont waste our time u there but that cant be true, right? they got turkeys up there im sure of it.

Plenty of turkey Rockaway farney Park splintrock

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

5 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Plenty of turkey Rockaway farney Park splintrock

we prob bumped em with our awful calling abilities. could that most likely been the case? went to berkshire and farney. saw a black bear with its cub which was sick but no turkey. 

12 hours ago, Mikethesparky said:

we prob bumped em with our awful calling abilities. could that most likely been the case? went to berkshire and farney. saw a black bear with its cub which was sick but no turkey. 

I have a lot of hours in Berkshire valley they got turkey but they head for the hills. Everything there heads for the hills top of the mountains of the military base. They no dummies when you come in from lower the road.from blue rd parking ..

Hang in there with farney

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, Mikethesparky said:

new hunter here. didnt hear anything today up in zone 7. my buddy is sayign dont waste our time u there but that cant be true, right? they got turkeys up there im sure of it.

The Population has gone up some from my Scouting and my 6 straight days out there so far.

If you are Hunting Public- hopefully any Gobbler you hear will not Gobble too much. Because the Hunters will be a coming. 

Luck out there- blackbeltbill. 

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

7 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

I have a lot of hours in Berkshire valley they got turkey but they had for the hills. Everything there heads for the hills top of the mountains of the military base. They no dummies when you come in from lower the road.from blue rd parking ..

Hang in there with farney

Hey now, solid advice thanks so much!

5 hours ago, Fred Flintstone said:

The Population has gone up some from my Scouting and my 6 straight days out there so far.

If you are Hunting Public- hopefully any Gobbler you hear will not Gobble too much. Because the Hunters will be a coming. 

Luck out there- blackbeltbill. 

More confirmation bias to keep hammering. Thanks

Population in those areas are a small fraction of what was once their 

add in the human and environmental pressures to the low numbers  and the hunt becomes very challenging  but not Impossible.    

Stay at it.   A north jersey public land bird is a well earned prize