IGNORED

Hackettstown 10/29 Trappers Ed

Dmg14b

28 minutes ago, gobblergetter said:

You feel old !?!??...

When I started, the trapping license was included with your hunting license.

You so are a living legend!

https://www.app.com/story/news/local/animals/2019/03/02/fur-hunting-nj-animals/2978330002/

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

20 hours ago, gobblergetter said:

If you can not find the time to take a two day course to be able to trap the rest of your life (in any state that still allows it) then perhaps trapping isn't for you. It takes time, day after day to run a line.

And if you only take a one day course, you have only learned half as much as most.

I would love to only be able to take one day , twice a year to teach trappers ed, after all, I already have my license.

Good luck out there to all the trappers.

May you chains be tight

Well said Mike.

I have been wanting to take this course for awhile and just never took the plunge due to work and family obligations over the past few years. I finally signed up this year and completed the course this past weekend as well. The only regret I have is not doing it sooner. As DMG said, the instructors were great and the combined years of knowledge and experience they have is tremendous. Thank you guys very much for taking the time out of your schedules to continue to teach. It is my understanding that Chris & Mike are the two instructors that teach both Northern classes each year. I appreciate you guys taking two full weekends away from work, family and deer hunting of your own to help all of us learn the basics.

After experiencing it last weekend, there is no doubt in my mind that this course should be two days. I learned a whole lot more than I expected to and all of the guys were great at answering my many questions. It is hands down the best/most informative of all the hunter education courses. I you are on the fence about taking the class, make it happen next year.

Thanks again guys!