IGNORED

Slabalicious!!!

Bonefreak

16 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

Nice slabs. Fun to catch and better to release to be caught another day. Rather eat fluke or seabass

Johnny....if u have the time...watch this excellent video on this Georgia bass biologist.....very informative.....i didnt even tell my bass club members bout this video.....lol....n he explains that if you are managing a lake for bass...or a varietyof species....crappies are to be harvested liberally because since they spawn so much earlier than other fish.....crappie fry are preying on the hatches of fry from bluegill, bass, etc hatched a month later than crappie fry.....and crappie can take over a lake quickly. 

Their populations need to be kept in check w liberal harvests.....i think this bass biologist even says he keeps every one he catches. I'm surprised Assunpink has maintained a decent bass population all these yrs with all the crappies in there....but it may be finally taking its toll as the bass population has been declining recently and age classes are not spread out among the population.