IGNORED

Climbing Harness Set Up

dlist777

17 minutes ago, supr78nova said:

How high up do you put your prusik knot when you are sitting?

I have found that if I put it at the same height above my head as when wearing a traditional harness, I need do have a fairly long extension rope which makes climbing with the lifeline very awkward.

Should I lower the prusik knot down closer to waist height to make the extension rope shorter or use a different type of knot that allows the extension rope length to be adjusted?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I put the Prussik knot up tight against the top of the rope style tree strap.  That way the tree strap wont slip.  Like in the pic in the op.  Just lower the whole tree strap so that with your extension rope is under one shoulder and fairly tight if you were to turn your body all the way towards your opposite shoulder.  That way you have enough room to move but limit your fall.  

Another option is to you use your linemans belt as the extension belt.  That way its adjustable.  

Edited by dlist777

I put the Prussik knot up tight against the top of the rope style tree strap.  That way the tree strap wont slip.  Like in the pic in the op.  Just lower the whole tree strap so that with your extension rope is under one shoulder and fairly tight if you were to turn your body all the way towards your opposite shoulder.  That way you have enough room to move but limit your fall.  
Another option is to you use your linemans belt as the extension belt.  That way its adjustable.  
I've been using my climbing harness in a ladder stand with a HSS lifeline. I originally had the height of the top of the lifeline above my head to go with the tether on my HSS harness. Looks like I will need to move the lifeline lower down on the tree and shorten my extension rope. I was able to cinch the lifeline to the tree with one of the 2 inch cheapie tree straps that come with ladder stands to keep tension on it so the lifeline wouldn't move while the prusik knot wasn't up against it.

This weekend I might use my climber with the rope style tree strap so I will be able to adjust the height of the tree strap to go along with the shorter extension harnesss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk