IGNORED

Generator needs work need someone to come to me

Chefhunter

This is why I run Premium gas in all of my tools.  Since I made the switch years ago I have not had any problems.  I also start my generator once a month.....

Gas alone isn't going to cut it theses days if there is any kind of storage or non-daily use of the machine

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Premium gas still contains 10% ethanol, which damages lines ,gaskets,seals,floats,and basically everything.Premium is a octane rating to prevent preignition in some engines that require it.Just go to a marina and see the effects of ethanol. Big business boost for them. Run your motors often and ran them dry.

Gas alone isn't going to cut it theses days if there is any kind of storage or non-daily use of the machine

So true.

Engines are designed to run on a certain octane Period. Before the government screwed around with 2 cycle engines  Remember Amoco white gas was called for them. Lead fouled them up. then those engines were redesigned to use leaded gas. 4 Cycles ran on leaded. Then Lead was removed causing problems once again. So-called Marine gas was not exempt from changes. At one point Lead additives were sold to stop knocking in most engines. PA has some pure ethanol stations that sucked.

Then the Age of Electrictronic Ignition and recommended Octanes. Auto manufacturers tooled up to accept Regular remember the sticker at the fuel cap Use Only Unleaded Gas. And then they had to adjust to added Ethanol. Small engine manufacturers lagged behind mostly with just fuel lines and Diaphragms that it would extend up. 

Onboard Computers are set to a specific Octane When someone says I fill up with high octane once in a while to clean up my engine. That screws with the computer and does more harm than good. The same with Octane boosters.  Fuel injection cleaners and Throttle body Cleaners are the only additives designed not to harm the engines. So-called Starting Fluids only harm small engines. 

Ethanol was added to save on the use of full oil produced gas because of shortages it raised the price and was a given bonus for Farmers. 

Now with The Oil Glut it is no longer needed but to what cost to get rid of it since Auto Engines are designed to use it. we are back to the Merry Go round we started

with. Gm and others had to manufacture Cars and Trucks specifically for  California because of Higher Emission Standards. Then the rest of the USA. They say more fuel efficient standards are needed. I agree but Get the Fuel mix fixed also.

Only when Gas prices skyrocket does Americans care. But look around at the Bigger Engines being produced but with better gas mileage :hmmmer:  

Sorry for the Rant got carried away  :offtopic:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif