IGNORED

G & S Hunters

Haskell_Hunter

http://www.gshunters.com/index.htm

Has anyone used these guys for gun smithing? I'm headed over there tomorrow with a buddy who is looking to get a new stock for his ancient 20GA and possibly some other work done. Love to get some feedback from folks who have used them prior to going over there.

I'm going to ask them about their FFL costs and will post what I learn here.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I think that place is right by the court house. I was there once about 8 years ago to look around but not much to see. I would be surprised if they would do stock work judging by the website. Stock work is a different skill set that most in NJ don't do anymore. I've had to shipped that type of work out of state with mixed success. Post up after you go. Have you been to the new FFL on 23 north by Oakridge?

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.

Haven't gone to the new FFL on 23, is that the one right next to the camper place?  I've driven by the sign and was wondering about it.

I've done two through Tackle and Field in Wanaque, but the $45 FFL and $15 NICS (plus tax) is getting too rich for me.  Guns for Hire in Totowa charges $20 for members, but the cheapest membership is $279 and you still have to pay each time you use the range.  Still too rich for me.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Yes by the camper place. The club thing always feels like a scam to me. Pay up front to save, it does not make sense. Action Shooters supply in Haledon is fairly priced. After running for your life in paterson you are a short ride from Action Shooters. His hours can be hit or miss though. Weekdays are usualy the best.

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.

www.oakridgefirearms.com

$40 transfer fee INCLUDING NICS.  $10 transfer fee on the same NICS for additional guns.

He's by appointment on Saturdays until it warms up, but I will probably stop by to do a transfer or check the place out in the spring.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

$64.50 for FFL, includes NICS.

Knowledgable shop. My buddy has on old Ithaca 20GA, but we didn't know that before we got there. So they were helpful, knowledgeable. Their range is in the basement, and the floor shook with every shot. Interesting to say the least. I'd go back.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Yes, but my buddy's stock was cut wrong, so they couldn't modify it. He had to order a new stock, which they told him to order on his own.

I don't think they would build you a wood stock from scratch, but they do a lot of custom AR work if you're in the market for that.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.