IGNORED

Deer scents and how to use them.

redneck

I would hold off on any scent hard with tarsal for another week,   unless you are seeing hard fighting.  Remember dominate bucks don't have to be the biggest racks many are smaller racks.  they are most of the time older deer with a lot of heart.   if you use a true dominate scent the younger or non dom bucks will back off, and sometimes fast.  your doe will also back out unless ready to get lucky.  keep your tarsals in the scraps and low in volume on the tar.   most hunters do not like to see deer take off.  I would go with small amounts of tar with good heat,  in the last 3 weeks I am getting many pics of good bucks killed on mock scrapes and heat type scents.    Some doe will soon be backing off of heat.  better to keep the heat on the ground  or if hung go easy.   

I was asked yesterday by a fellow that used my super buck 4 some  15 plus years ago if I would get him some.    He knows I won't, but he asks every time he see me.  I stopped making it, that many years ago, because it was a true dom scent.  it scared every deer off except the true dom buck.  I found out that many hunters that say they know how to hunt the dom really didn't LOL  thay don't like seeing deer take off, Heck I don't either LOL  this fellow told me he killed many big bucks off that scent,   He didn't care that all the others took off lol.    he is a true dom buck hunter, but I still will not give him any even though I still have a 1/2 gallon left LOL and it is still is good.

ACP WILDLIFE CONTROL SERVICES AND ACP REDNECKS PRIDE

referral-0076111001448070575.jpg

the bucks are killing doe in heat scent right now. I have 3 scrubs come in while on stand one was a 6 chasing a doe through the woods and stopped dead on my drag line and detoured right to my mock scrape. If I had any dominant buck scent in there I wouldn't have seen any of them really. I rarely ever use a dominant buck scent. My best bets have been using the tarsals off freshly killed bucks in my scrapes with doe in heat scent.

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

I have a stick of this and was planning on using this Saturday, but with your advice I will wait and see

http://conquestscents.com/shop/hunting-scents/deer-hunting/

looks like a type of dominant buck scent. Unless you know for sure you want to try for that big guy you may just scare off every other buck there

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

good idea BHC  scent on the ground has different effects than those in the air.  that is  why I drag scents more than anything.   scent on the ground to the deer means the other animal, human or what ever most likely is not there if the scent has been a hour or more.  curiosity may get the best of him, but airborne scent means that whatever is there!  so the deer will back off or come in differently on airborne scent that they are not sure of.  Hard tarsal on the ground in a scrape little one may slip in make another scrap next to it and run like heck out of there like kids on mischief night LOL. 

ACP WILDLIFE CONTROL SERVICES AND ACP REDNECKS PRIDE

referral-0076111001448070575.jpg