IGNORED

" to boldy go where no man has gone before"

Axiom

I think thats what someone around here said.. so i did.. And found out why no man has "gone before".. at least not on a hot day like today.. man am i beat..

anyway.. Been wanting to set up in an Oak grove somewhere so i've been checking them out over the past couple weeks.. Most of the ones i know of seem to be pretty much occupied by other hunters.. so i went out today to check out a remote spot i've been thinking about for a few years but never got around to it... The terrain was tuff in route haveing to cross three steep stone filled ridges 2 streams and a bunch of briar patches but when i got there it was worth it.. No sign of human activity at all.. at least not at first anyway.. found deer trails so heavly traveled they looked like cow paths to a watering hole.. Deer tracks as big as a pack of cigs.. Found a spot where the deer like to cross a stream so thats where i will set up... i'll whack'um as they cross... The only problem.. The drag out is going to be a MF'er... But if  the bucks are as big as i think they are, it'll be worth the trouble... 

Did find another hunters set up about a half mile from where i'll be.. This guy had everything.. Meneral block, scent drip, mega corn piles in a couple different places around his hang on which BTW was only about 10 or 12' up in the open woods.. :rofl: .. that aint gonna work to well.. tell me if i'm wrong.. Oh and he had not 1 but 2 trail cams... :rofl: .. god forbid he misses getting a picture of the big one he'll never get a chance to shoot... :rofl:  :rofl:

This has got to be a big deer

scouting 021.jpg

found a little momento for my scouting efforts today.. May saw the antlers off and use them to rattle

scouting 023.jpg

scouting 022.jpg

not 1 but 2 trail cams... thats alot of money to put in one spot..

scouting 024.jpg

There were some 6 or 7"  trout in this little pool of water.. 

scouting 025.jpg

:D

Went back out to the same general area as yesterday to see if i can find an easier drag route.. Got curious about another section of the woods so i went to check it out.. Bing Maps showed a natural funnel at this spot and as it turns out, it was... Found a few rubs there...

rubb.jpg

rub.jpg

The hoof prints beneath the rubs didnt suggest anything big but....................

:D