IGNORED

Mossberg 835

hunterdan199

I have a 835 for like 14 plus years, it's my turkey hunting only shotgun, with 3.5" shells it kicks like a mule. Also the factory turkey choke is good, but I', using a Indian Creek turkey choke with excellent patterns

I've had my Mossberg 835 for about 10 years now and it's my go-to shotgun for deer and turkey.

When you mention the 835, think utility not fashion.

Timex versus Rolex. Both tell time, but one looks a little better doing it.

My 835 has been through the swamps, briars, muck, snow and rain. Use it to paddle your canoe and jack up your truck.

The factory turkey choke is excellent to 40 yards. Mine shoots great with 3" Federal 4's and 5's.

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a Benelli or the styling of a Guerini, but for putting food on the table it's an excellent gun.

I got a 835 ulti-mag from my Dad in '91 for a graduation present. I love the gun! It is my go to gun. I have two of them now. One with a rifled barrel for slugs and one for birdshot/buckshot. They both shoot very nice and I have never had an issue with them. 3.5" shells as BHC said, "kick like a mule!".

Also the factory turkey choke is good, but I', using a Indian Creek turkey choke with excellent patterns

I use the factory turkey choke, it is good out to 40 yards with #5 3.5" shells. Do you get any further distance with the Indian Creek choke? I want to get an after market choke for this upcoming turkey season, just not sure which one is worth spending the money on.

yes with the Indian Creek I did reach out further and the patten is tighter

Thank you! I was torn between the Indian Creek and the Kick's Gobblin' Thunder choke last night online. Reviews were just about the same on both of them. I went with the Kick's. I like the look of their port design.

I had to pass on a couple of bird's at 50 yards last season. I knew it would be a crap shoot, so I didn't pull the trigger. I want to avoid that scenario this season.