IGNORED

JW Bucktail variations

WWKimba

It's been said that fly tyers will stand on the shoulders of those that came before us and I do believe that that is true!  My Martini series and Killer series are variations of patterns that were on the books before I came along!  Here's another recent example.  I hosted an over the holidays swap on another site whose theme was woolly bugger/woolly worm type patterns - here are the flies that each of the 12 member submitted:

IMG20240122074948a.jpg

I know that the Woolly Worm is an old English pattern but the Woolly Bugger was first tied in 1967 by Russell Blessing - look at how many variations are out there now! (And this swap just scratched the surface!)

Laying that ground work, here is the start of another set of variations of Harry Murray's  famous James Wood Bucktail - a pattern that was inspired by the Pete Perinchief's Bonefish Fly!  As I said - the shoulders of those that came before us!

Here are some of my JWB variations.

Black Knight - this is the pattern that I designed that inspired the whole Martini series.  So I guess you could almost say that I standing on my own shoulders!

image.thumb.jpeg.bc9dd0c0ce0d9aed7331157558963227.jpeg

Brook Trout

image.thumb.jpeg.c586595e4e0702e4996bda2cb7ce2e35.jpeg

Brown Trout

image.thumb.jpeg.ac430d53da650bf6868b67f4e3053ce2.jpegMore to come in the coming days.  BTW, if you look carefully the bucktail halo on a lot of these patterns are multi-toned.

Kim

Kimba  I have several friends that I actually consider gay but great guys. They love to fly fish. For some reason they are very embarrassed to compliment your skill of fly tying. I’m assuming they are jealous. Anyway they recognize the great work. Keep at it. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈