IGNORED

Chicken Coop Arrived Today...

Swamp_Yankee

6 minutes ago, MRMCR said:

I feel the less the less litter the better.....when the poop accumulates youll get a bunch of flies in hot weather........pullets are much easier than baby chicks......and by all means make sure its fox proof.........hopefully when your coop is done being built it wont look like Homer Simpsons bbq..........

My coop actually has a cinderblock foundation.  Many years ago it was a large 16' x 32' chicken house that water later converted to a shelter for sheep.  The building was torn down before we bought the property but the foundation remains and is in good shape.  It has two 15A electrical circuits run to it as well.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

2 hours ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

My coop actually has a cinderblock foundation. The building was torn down before we bought the property but the foundation remains and is in good shape.

I'm sure you probably already know this but just in case.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Owens-Corning-FoamSealR-3-1-2-in-x-50-ft-Multi-Use-Ridged-Sill-Plate-Gasket-1FS/202084452

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt