IGNORED

Turkey hunting fails

Bigman

Last year was my first turkey season , as well as a buddies . We watched a bunch of turkeys  on the tail end of snow goose conservation season , every morning , move the same way off the property we were on and onto a neighboring property . We both got week e permits and got permission from that neighboring property .  that first Saturday finally came around and we made a deal we would alternate calling / shooting until one or both of us tagged out . We spent the next few weeks alternating , and having zero success jumping from one property to the other chasing our tails and birds . The last Saturday of the season , we both said F it , were both bringing guns , and if we get a chance , we will both shoot jakes. The sun came up , and two jakes read the script . He was to shoot the one on the left I was to shoot the one on the right . They crossed 200 yards of a field on a string , headed right to us . 80,70,60,50 yards . Both safeties flick off , 40yards , i hear  “f***ing deer!” As a doe walks right in between us and the turkeys . Zero shot . She stops right infront of us , the turkeys stop too and begin to walk right back out the way they came . She finally moved off and the turkeys were back out at 60 yards , neither of us were willing to shoot that distance comfortably , so we tried working them back in at no avail. We laughed and said it was par for the course but I vowed to shoot the first doe I saw on that property during the shotgun season . I did just that , and made good on my word. Hopefully no other ones get the same idea in a few weeks !