IGNORED

Duck Boat Blind Material Suggestions

Mike82nd

So I’m redoing the blind on the tdb and looking for material suggestions. I have all the poles and canvas but the canvas is starting to dry rot and it seems to have shrunk. It won’t reach the snaps in some spots and I feel like it going to tear if I force it. What kind of material would guys recommend to replace it with? Also I would like to have it be waterproof with a rain roof on it. I am modifying the blind as to shoot out the side as opposed to shooting out the top also. Thanks for your recommendations.
 IMG_2616.jpgIMG_2617.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would contact the new manufacturer of the TDB in Massachusetts and see if he has any old blinds for sale as they often do. If not I would have him make a new one, as they know the exact fitment. Unless you are really skilled with canvas you may lose a lot of functionality with the blind with a DIY.

I would contact the new manufacturer of the TDB in Massachusetts and see if he has any old blinds for sale as they often do. If not I would have him make a new one, as they know the exact fitment. Unless you are really skilled with canvas you may lose a lot of functionality with the blind with a DIY.

Good call on contact the new tdb owners. I am going to pretty much keep it the way it is just want to add a rain proof roof. I like the modular design with the framework and am not gonna change that. I was thinking maybe some cordura nylon or waxed canvas. And then a camp netting or something to throw over it all. What’s your thoughts?