IGNORED

Choosing a bow

jlaz90

Agree with what many said here...

I just made a choice of my own, but I shot a few and found what I liked. I chose the Mathews Triax. I too have owned Hoyt, Mathews, PSE, Bear, and even a Ben Pearson from way back. I tried to keep brand out of my equation as much as I could, but I knew going into this process that I was looking for a premium product - I shot the Mathews, Hoyt, Bow Tech, PSE, and Elite and I found for my style of shooting the Mathews was the best shooter - most forgiving and fit me best. I am only 5ft 6inches tall and 150 pounds so the short ATA of the Triax was perfect for me and I hunt mostly from tree stands. It also felt the best in my hand, during the draw, at full draw and during/after the shot. But to be honest I could NOT find major fault in any of the ones I shot, this one just felt best to me. It all comes down to preference.

My advice is that simple: Shoot many and choose what feels most comfortable, when you shoot it you will know which model likes you the best and therefore what you like best.

Good luck!