Sign in to follow this  
Deerslayer21

Sunday gun hunting????

My buddy emailed me today saying that up for vote is Sunday hunting with the gun on private property ???? Anyone hear about this ? This is what he sent me

Bill A 1538 allowing Sunday Firearm hunting on private property Bill S 800 authorizes hunting of all game animals every day of the week..

Yes it will be for private land only. They are getting a lot of opposition from the southern gun clubs over this in the federation of sportsman clubs

What's the difference they already allow semi wild clubs to bird hunt... So really what's the big deal open up across the state.. I have more of a problem with no permits for crossbows..I need a rifle permit to hunt with a muzzleloader plus a permit..

Really it will come down to money in this state.. We no longer manage wildlife in NJ.. They manganese you wallet..

Really it will come down to money in this state.. We no longer manage wildlife in NJ.. They manganese you wallet..

so true !!!

Yes it will be for private land only. They are getting a lot of opposition from the southern gun clubs over this in the federation of sportsman clubs

What's their reasoning for the opposition ?

What's their reasoning for the opposition ?

They say too many deer getting killed already and enough is enough. Plus they are saying Sunday is for Church and Family.

It's easy enough to shorten seasons a week or two if you allow Sunday hunting to compensate for the increased harvest. NJ is in the small minority of states that do not allow Sunday hunting.

What needs to be understood here is that this is more a land use issue than a hunting issue. If I own the land, and I pay the taxes, I decide if there is hunting on my property on Sunday. Much like Sunday bow, it gives the person who works 5 (and maybe 6) days a week another option. As far as "too many deer being killed".....less liberal bag limits would go further to limit the harvest than not allowing hunting on Sunday. That argument, regardless who is trying to make it, is a weak one at best.

If it gets passed, I would hope they cut back on liberal bag limits, also cut back on the 6 months of hunting, give the herd a chance to rebuild, also if this is successful I hope in the future they don't expand it to public land

I'm all for it and don't think shortening the season to compensate for a few extra days in necessary. I personally enjoy that NJ has a long season

I only hunt with a gun a few day's each year. I am for it. I enjoy the long season's we have in Jersey. I would like to see no gun hunting after Dec. 31, leave the late season archery only and end deer hunting state wide 1/31.

Does that mean 6 day would become 7 day on private land?

What's next...

Hunting, before daylight, with special moonlight permit...

One for bow, one for buck,one for doe,one for shotgun, one for muzzy, one for winter season, one for fall, one for state, one for private, one for crossbow, one for ?????.

You get the point.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Out of control, IMO.

No, Gruntmaster...I don't get the point....there's nothing in the proposed legislation that suggests there will be a permit for Sunday gun hunting....same as there is not one to hunt Sundays with a bow......

Sorry miss read the post.

Hope it passes for those who want to partake in Sunday hunting.

Personally, I always leave Sunday for church and family.

Plus the game gets a day off too.